Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

There's Antimony, Arsenic, Aluminum, Selenium...

Hi everyone!
Recently I painted a very scientific (not really) design on my nails: Elements nails!!! Although I did not include any Antimony, Arsenic, Aluminium, or Selenium in my design, I still love it. I decided to go with a very simple design, which involved painting the atomic symbol and number on each finger in different colors. For the base I used Wet and Wild White Creme, and I used my assorted (unlabeled) Sephora by OPI polishes for the designs. On the thumb I did Sodium (whose atomic number and symbol are 11 and Na). On the pointer finger I did Yttrium (37 and Y). On the middle finger I did Iridium (77 and Ir). On the ring finger I did Phosphorus (15 and P, yay phosphorus!! My favorite element...). Finally, on the pinky I did Neon (10 and Ne)! They are a little hard to read, but hopefully that should clear things up. Here are a couple of pictures:

The top picture shows the whole hand, while the bottom picture shows just the thumb... sorry if it's too hard to read!!
Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this. I think I might be posting less frequently now, if that hasn't already been happening. I'll still try to post as often as possible, but I just don't have as much time. I'll probably post once every 1-2 weeks. Hopefully that's okay!! (o^v^o)
Keep reading for more nail art!!
'Til next time,
Caroline S.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment