Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

HUGE HAUL!!!

*WARNING: THIS IS A VERY LONG, PICTURE HEAVY POST*
Hi everyone!
As you probably understand from the title of this post, today I got a massive load of polish and makeup--all for free, thanks to my Dad's cousin's wife, Ellen, who works for a magazine. Thanks, Ellen! :D Anyway, I got loads of stuff, and I decided to show you(Hint: most of it's nail polish)!
I'll start by showing a picture of all the nail polish I got. I actually managed to find 17 bottles-- that's nearly half of what I originally had!
From top left to bottom right: Essie's Orange, it's Obvious!, Avon Nailwear Pro's Orange Creamsicle, Deborah Lippmann's It Girl, China Glaze's I'm With the Lifeguard, LCN's Fanappleistic, Layla Magneffect's Mojito Green, Essie's Aruba Blue, Essence Colour and Go's A Lovely Secret, Deborah Lippmann's Sarah Smile, OPI's I Vant to Be a Lone Star, Essie's Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh?, Illamasqua's Taint, Sephora by OPI's Sparkle Me Silver, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics' Copperhead, Avon Nailwear Pro's Starry Sky, Layla Hologram Effect Nail Polish's Flash Back, NYC's Matte Me Crazy!

Yes, I know. It's a lot of polish. But wait, there's more!
I also got nail polish strips from Sally Hanson and Design FX! I will review these soon.
I also got these eyeshadows:
They are Rimmel London Glam' Eyes and Laura Geller eyeshadow.
I got Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blushes:
They are so fun to poke!!!
I got these lipsticks:

They are Sonia Kashuk in Sunkissed and Colour Riche Balm in Nourishing Nude.
I got these eyeliners:
I chose the NYX Glitzy Gold liner, Essence Metallic in Heavy Metal, and NYC Showtime Glitter Eyeliner in Paparazzi Purple.
Also, fudge.
My family went out to dinner, and we stopped for fudge and taffy at Chelsea Market. Yum! This one is chocolate and raspberry flavored.
After  I showed my mom all the stuff I got, she asked me if I would do her nails. Naturally, I said yes. First, I swatched the Deborah Lippman Sarah Smile on her nails:
It goes on as a very translucent, sheer jelly. It is a nice color, but the formula is really awful. It looked very streaky. This may just be because I am not used to sheer polishes, but after two coats you could still see all the brush marks. Oh, well. 
After I swatched the polish, I did some nail art with Essie's Aruba Blue and Wet and Wild's Ebony Hates Chris:

In case you can't tell, the pinky and middle fingers have bows, the ring and index fingers have leopard print, and the thumb has a little stripe which my brother thought was a cat's eye.
Altogether, I think this was a great haul. I really loved some of the colors that I found. Some of them brought back great memories, such as I Vant To Be a Lone Star (which I wore to my own Bat Mitzvah), and some of them were shades I had been searching for for ages (the matte topcoat and the magnetic polish). I really can't wait to swatch these! Soon I will be posting another nail art mani.
'Til next time,
Caroline
<3

1 comment:

  1. sooooo much nail polish!! and stuffz!
    awesome nail art too! :D

    ReplyDelete