Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Dipped in Glitter

Hi everyone!
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been pretty busy! First of all, I'm starting to recover from an awful cold. Also, I just started taking standardized tests at school. However, I found time for a mani a few days ago, and fortunately I am able to post about it today!
My friend's bat mitzvah was on Saturday, so I naturally found it necessary to paint my nails with her favorite color of all my nail polishes: Turquoise and Caicos. To make it even cooler, I decided to do ombre nails. Since this did not work at all, I went with glitter tips. This is the finished product:
It's a bit hard to see the rainbow glitter (I used Wet and Wild's Kaleidoscope), but I used it to do an ombre design. I painted one layer halfway down the nail. Then I painted halfway down that, and then halfway down that. The finished product was nails that looked as if they were... well... dipped in glitter!
It's blurry, but it's easier to see the glitter ;)
This one also shows the glitter, but the color stays closer to the actual polish.
And that's it!
One more thing: this mani was done Friday afternoon. It has not chipped at all, even though I was baking, juggling, and testing! This picture was taken 3 days after I painted it. That's a long time (at least for me it is).
Hope you enjoyed this post, and sorry for the wait!
'Til next time,
Caroline
<3

1 comment: