Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Out Of This World

Hi everyone!
Today was my school's science fair! In honor of science, I decided to do galaxy nails (at least it has something to do with science). For the base, I used Wet and Wild's Blue Moon. This polish is a beautiful iridescent blue color. In the bottle, it has green notes, but you can't see it once it's on the nail. However, being such a dark, gloppy polish, it's really cover the whole nail without getting all over your finger. So, I had a lot of cleanup to do (which is hard, since I always mess up when I try to do cleanup). Otherwise, it worked well! First, I sponged on a bit of Wet and Wild's Buffy the Violet Slayer. Then I used some Layla Magneffect in Mojito Green (for the color, not the magnet) and OPI's I Vant To Be a Lone Star. After that, I sponged on my versatile Sinful Colors Snow Me White (a very pure, white-out white color), and finally, I ended with a bit of Wet and Wild's Kaleidoscope and a Wet and Wild topcoat. Here is a picture:
It's a bit hard to see, since the colors didn't show up as much as I wanted them to. However, I got a picture where you can see the glitter a bit better:

The glitter shows up better with the flash!
I really liked this, but I think it could be improved if I used colors that would show up better. Also, I think that following a pattern instead of randomly sponging could have made it better, especially if I had a makeup sponge instead of a kitchen sponge. However, I definitely recommend this manicure for those who want something abstract and interesting!
I hope you like it, and keep reading!
'Til next time,
Caroline
<3

1 comment: