Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Day At The Spa

Hi everyone!
Today I just got back from my weekend-long vacation. However, next week I'm going to California for  about a week and a half, so I won't be posting during that time! Fortunately, I'm working as hard as possible to post at least two more times this week, possibly more.
Before I did my nails tonight, I decided to come up with a plan so that I didn't have to keep getting more colors and redoing things if they didn't look right. I (quite randomly) decided to do spa nails!
The thumb is a bowl of salad (refreshing!), the index finger is a bottle of nail polish, the middle finger is a bunch of pebbles, the ring finger is a face with cucumbers and face mask, and the pinky is a towel that says "spa" (though I accidentally painted it upside-down... oops!). Here are the results:
Am I a fan... Frankly, I'd say these nails creep me out a little bit. My favorite by far is the salad, and even that didn't turn out as planned. However, the worst part was the base coat. I used Deborah Lippmann Sarah Smiles, a sheer, light pink. Since I wanted to have an opaque base, I ended up doing four coats and probably needing a fifth! Fortunately, that was mostly covered up by the designs.
For the designs I used Wet and Wild Black Creme, Wet and Wild White Creme, Sinful Colors in a green I don't know the name of, OPI InStyle Red, NK Grin, Illamasqua Taint, and Simple Pleasures peach polish.
I'll probably be doing another design on Monday or Tuesday. It depends when I have the most time!
No word yet on the olympic nail art contest. Hopefully the winners will be announced soon!
Speaking of the olympics, did anyone else love the closing ceremony? I really loved it, and it is so wonderful to see the amazing athletes doing what they have trained their whole lives to do.
On that note, have a wonderful week, and keep reading for more nail art!
'Til next time,
Caroline S.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment