Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

Go For Gold!

Hi everyone!
Yesterday I found out some bad news... my nail art brushes are shipping from HONG KONG!!! That means they won't be here until the middle of August. However, I went on a search at the nearest beauty store (Ricky's) and found some amazing brushes in the testing area! They are just eye makeup brushes, but they reminded me of nail brushes, so I got some. It just so happens that they worked amazingly, and I was able to complete my newest manicure, which also happens to be my entry in Princess Polish's Olympic themed manicure! I will hopefully receive my order soon, but until then I will be making the best of these brushes.
The contest entries were supposed to be Olympic themed, so I thought about the most original ideas that I could. Finally, I decided on making opening ceremony-themed nails! The thumb features the rings and the words "London 2012, Go For Gold!". The index finger has a smokestack for the Industrial Revolution, the middle finger has a crown for the Queen, the ring finger has an umbrella for Mary Poppins, and the pinky has a British Flag, of course! I am really happy with these, and I hope they win the gold medal (or the gold nail polish, that is)! Here are the nails:
This picture was taken before I added topcoat. Unfortunately, though the topcoat dried very fast, it smudged the nail art and pulled at the designs, leaving some parts of the mani a streaky mess. Fortunately, another mani should be coming soon!
I used sooo many polishes to paint this mani. Here are the names (I also mixed several polishes to create different colors): Wet and Wild White Creme, OPI Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh, Simple Pleasures pink polish, Sinful Colors (A shade I can't remember the name of), Essie Aruba Blue, Simple Pleasures blue polish, Wet and Wild Black Creme, Love and Beauty Light Yellow, OPI InStyle Red, NK (also a shade with a name I can't remember.. both of these are new polishes), OPI Little Brown Dress, OPI I Vant to be Alone Star, Simple Pleasures purple polish, and Wet and Wild Metallica!
I am really excited about these, and I can't wait to see the results of the contest!
Keep reading for more nail designs!
'Til next time,
Caroline S.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment