Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

OMG, So Kawaii!

Hi everyone!
I recently started learning Japanese, so I decided to practice writing a few characters by painting them on my nails! I don't have the best handwriting, and I might have written the characters or the words themselves wrong, so correct me if this doesn't look right:
I wrote two characters per nail, and the thumb has a little character that I made with my friends. The whole thing says "Kawaii Desu!!", which means "Is/It's cute!!". The background of the nails is supposed to  be note paper, which I hope is pretty obvious. Here are the individual nails, showing the characters as they are supposed to be written, from left to right:











So, I hope you like these! By the way, sorry about the wacky format... these pictures just wouldn't cooperate!
Oh, and one more thing...
I won Princess Polish's contest! Technically, I only got the silver medal, but that still ensures that a yummy chrome Essie is coming my way!
If you haven't visited it before, do check out her blog. It's really cool!
Keep reading for more manis!
'Til next time,
Caroline S.
<3

2 comments:

  1. i love this design, soph! it's so graphic and unique. and you're learning japanese? how cool!
    everyone loves the pedi you gave me - wish i could post a pic here. fyi no chips or peeling a week later and its been tested since i've been in my kayak in the river, swimming in the ocean, etc.
    congrats on the contest - i knew you'd win!
    xoxo
    n

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! Thanks!!! I'm so happy that I won... I can't really believe it!

      Delete