Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

The Very Hungry Caterpillar

Hi everyone!
I'm very busy now, but I still found time to do my nails. :) I got some loose eyeshadow, so I decided to make my first franken. I used about 1/3 of a container of Jordana eyeshadow in Going Green, and mixed that with about 3/4 of a bottle of Wet and Wild's clear nail protector and a drop of Sinful Colors' Snow Me White. I decided to call it The Very Hungry Caterpillar because it made me think of that children's book with the same name (by Eric Carle). Here is how it turned out:

Note: It's not nearly this fluorescent green in real life, but it's really dark in here and I couldn't even get a decent picture. Sorry! It's actually a very pale, shimmery green. However, the green appears to have slightly red-orange shimmer, if you look really closely into the bottle!
I swatched the polish, but I decided it would look better with some very hungry caterpillar-inspired nail art! Here it is:
This photo shows the color more correctly. I used tvhc as a base, then drew on some dots with Layla Magneffect in Mojito Green. I painted the head with an unnamed Chanel le Vernis red. I drew the legs and antennae with Illamasqua's Taint, and then I drew the eyes with Love and Beauty's light yellow and more Mojito Green. Finally, I added a black mouth dot with Wet and Wild's Ebony Hates Chris (of course).
I hope you like this!
'Til next time,
Caroline S.
<3

1 comment: