Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Flamin' NOT

Hi everyone!
Today I decided to do flame nails (all my friends wanted me to!). I used a makeup sponge  to do a flame-like gradient. For the gradient, I used Love and Beauty's Light Yellow, Avon's Orange Creamsicle, Essie's Orange--It's Obvious! and red creme from Claire's. Here are the supplies I used!

Left to right: testing paper, Essie's Orange--It's Obvious!, Avon's Orange Creamsicle, Love and Beauty's light yellow, Claire's red creme, makeup sponge for gradient

Here are some progress pics (excuse the mess around the cuticles, I didn't tape them so the sponge got polish all over my fingers):
Finally, here's a picture of the finished gradient:
Again, excuse the cuticles--I could not get the glitter from the yellow polish off, no matter how hard I tried!
After that, I traced a flame design onto my nails and filled it in.

Most of the nails came out awfully! This was a nail fail. :p
On a happier note, I found a bunch of new polishes! They are Wet and Wild's Wild Card and Night Prowl, plus NYC's French White Cream. I really needed more white, and these were all on sale for 49 cents each... so why not? I do not have pictures of Wild Card yet, but it is a beautiful, shimmery grayish-purple. I tried it on my toes, and it goes on beautifully in three coats, though it is slightly sheer. However, it was opaque in three or four! It also dried relatively fast.
I swatches Night Prowl on my right hand:
This color was a beautiful, black jelly with fine purple glitter in it (yay jelly and glitter, it's like a pre-made glitter sandwich! I also love the colors!). It went on so easily in two coats. The first coat is sheer and jelly-like, but the second coat is completely opaque without letting go of the jelly-ness. Yay! I hate seeing vnl with jelly polishes. This polish also dried super-fast! Look out for it if you like vampy polishes :)
Anyway, happy Mother's Day! Be nice to your mum. Soon I'll be doing more nail art!
'Til next time,
Caroline S.
<3

1 comment:

  1. dont worry it still looks cool! i liked what you did b4 the black w just the orange and red and gold- that looks awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete