Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

There Are Shoes on My Fingers!

Hi everyone!
Though this mani came out slightly messy, I think it's pretty cute. At school, my friends and I made my fingers walk around and moonwalk! We're very silly :)
I was deciding between flames, daisies/sunflowers, and converse, and as you can see converse won (however, the other two will be coming up as soon as possible, along with some pastel vintage roses).
Here is the finished product:
I decided to make use out of some of my new OPI colors, so I chose OPI's I Vant To Be a Lone Star (grey) and InStyle Red (red, obviously) as the two base colors. Both of these colors have black labels, so I'm guessing they were made before OPI started making their polishes 3-free... oh well! Unfortunately, the picture did not really capture the true color of the polishes, so I'll say that the grey polish has a blue hint to it that is much more apparent in real life, and the red polish is not nearly as orange-looking as it is in this picture. It is more of a deep cherry red. The red formula was not so great, though what was bad about it is hard to explain. It went on in two coats. However, the grey polish had an excellent formula, was easy to apply, and went on in three coats. For the accents, I used Sinful Colors' Snow Me White and Wet and Wild's Ebony Hates Chris.
I also picked up a new polish today: Wet and Wild's Wild Card! I will probably be testing this out on my toes, more pictures to come later. They're having a clearance sale on makeup and polish at the Duane Reade near my house, so I got this for only 49 cents! I might be going back tomorrow and getting some lipgloss (this was the only nice polish color that I wanted--they only had two others, and they were both pink). For now, enjoy this! More manis (and possibly pedis) coming soon!
'Til next time,
Caroline S.
<3

1 comment: