Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Queen of the Butterflies

Hi everyone!
Today I decided to try out my Avon nail polish in Orange Creamsicle. I used it as a base for a monarch butterfly design, since I keep seeing butterflies flying around when I'm outside. I also got inspiration from other bloggers' monarch butterfly manicures. To all of you who have done this, thanks for the inspiration! All of the designs I have seen are beautiful.
The Avon polish was a pain to apply, since it was a three-coater. This is actually the first three coat polish that I own, so maybe I'm just not used to it. It also took forever to dry, and it looked awful with my skin tone. So overall, I'm not a fan of this polish. However, I am a fan of this design!
I also picked up two new shades: Forever 21's Love and Beauty in Light Yellow and Gold. I am really excited to swatch them, and I used the yellow to highlight the wings on this design! For the black I used Wet and Wild's Ebony Hates Chris and for the white dots I used Sinful Colors' Snow Me White.
Does everyone like this design? I'm not sure about it, but I do think it looks pretty cool.
I've got to go, but I'll post another mani soon!
'Til next time,
Caroline S.
<3

4 comments:

  1. it looks AWESOME!! just like i knew it would :) haha getting those polishes yesterday was soo fun! and the design looks SO great! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really, really, good! You are seriously talented at doing nails!!!!!! ♥♥♥♥♥♥ -chase

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really like this one, too. i'll be you'd be a good fabric designer - you do great patterns and color combos....

    ReplyDelete
  4. im still fluttering over the monarch nails. love, hannah's grandmother, teddy

    ReplyDelete