Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Loud Leopard!

Hi everyone!
I decided to attempt leopard print nails yesterday. I wanted to see how my new shade, China Glaze's I'm With The Lifeguard, would turn out as a base. It's my first China Glaze shade, so I didn't know what to expect! It actually turned out okay, but I had to redo my right hand since it was too gloppy. On the plus side, it only took two coats to get a nice, almost-completely-but-not-quite-opaque color that makes a perfect base for nailUnfortunately, the polish took a very long time to dry and chipped the next day. However, I think the color makes up for that! It's a beautiful, shimmery, neon green. People, I can assure you that this is by far the brightest green I have ever owned.
Here is a picture of the mani:
For the spots I used Sinful Colors in Snow Me White and Wet and Wild's Ebony Hates Chris.
The next day, I decided to slap on a matte topcoat from NYC, since mattified glitter and shimmer is very yummy! Unfortunately, the topcoat doesn't look great, and it probably won't show up in a photo, so I won't post it. However, I still like it a lot!
I hope everyone likes this, and I will post again soon!
'Til next time,
Caroline S.
<3

UPDATE 5/5/12:
I just came back from a bar mitzvah. There were some black lights flashing a bit, and the green polish glowed in the dark! It's technically not a glow-in-the-dark polish, but I just thought I'd share it...

1 comment: