Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Light as a Feather

Hi everyone!
Yesterday I decided to paint my nails with a fun, elegant design (I went to a party). I decided to try out the trending peacock feather design. However, I don't have any gold polish, so I decided to use my silver polish instead. At first I messed up, so I took that off (sorry, no pictures) and recreated the design that I really wanted. I think it came out great this time!

I used Wet and Wild's Ebony Hates Chris as a base for all of the fingers except for the ring finger. For the ring finger base, I used Sinful Colors in Snow Me White. For the feather, I used Layla Magneffect in Mojito Green, Deborah Lippmann's It Girl, Essie's Aruba Blue, and Wet and Wild's Metallica.
The detailing took lots of practice and was a bit of a pain, but was totally worth the hard work. It turned out great, and it worked well with the dress I wore last night (By the way, sorry about the chipping and the cuticles--I took this picture after I had already messed them up a bit. The feather is the main part of the mani anyway)!
Anyway, I hope you like it! I might be posting more tonight or tomorrow.
'Til next time,
Caroline S.
<3

2 comments: