Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Flor-all The Nails!

Hi everyone!
I am so sorry for not posting for so long... I have been away on a school trip all over the south of the U.S. for five days, and I have not had my computer let alone internet. Fortunately, I am back and basically done with school, so I will be posting as much as possible before I go away to camp. Before the trip, I decided to paint my nails with a design that was based off of the dress I brought on the trip for one place that we went. I used Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh as a base, then I painted an accent nail with a floral pattern that almost matched the pattern on the dress (except for the leaves). I then painted bows onto the tips of the rest of the nails. For the outlines of everything, I used Wet and Wild Ebony Hates Chris. I used an assortment of different colors for the flowers and the bows, including Essence A Lovely Secret (I need to find more of this stuff!), OPI InStyle Red mixed with Essie Little Brown Dress, a pink shade from Simple Pleasures, and several Wet and Wild colors that I just can't remember. Here are the nails:
Sorry about the mess around the cuticles... I just didn't have time to photograph them, as I had to wake up relatively early the next morning in order to catch the flight to Atlanta. However, these held up relatively well for the five days I have worn them. I only noticed mild to normal tip wear on them, and I saw no large amounts of chipping. Also, the topcoat I used made them shinier and stronger, though it unfortunately put some streaks in the black polish.
Here is a comparison shot with the dress:
The bows have nothing to do with the dress, I just thought they were cute. However, I think that the floral does have a resemblance to the dress, though it is very simplified.
Do you like it? Do you have any other suggestions? The most likely design coming up next will be inspired by Sun Studio in Memphis, Tennessee.
I hope you like these nails, and sorry for the long wait! This time will be filled with periods of tightly packed posts and no posts at all, since I will be away for half the summer and spending the other half painting as often as possible! Keep reading for more posts.
'Til next time,
Caroline S.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment