Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Cabin Fever

Hi everyone!
Tonight is (unfortunately) my last post before I'm off to camp! However, you can expect some goodies as soon as I get back. After all, it's only 4 weeks!!
You can, however, look at this post tonight. Hopefully it will tide you over for a while, as I happen to have worked very hard on this, and personally I absolutely love it.
I chose to paint something involving my camp. Because the counselors there are from so many different countries, I decided to paint flag nails! Yesterday I made decals using the plastic bag technique. This involves painting a design onto a plastic bag and waiting for it to dry overnight, then peeling it off and sticking it to your nails. I then painted my nails silver and stuck on the decals. For the base I used Wet and Wild Metallica. Unfortunately, I used so many colors for the flags that I can't remember them all! I am only sure that I used Wet and Wild Ebony Hates Chris, Sinful Colors Snow Me White, and Essie Aruba Blue. I did the Hungarian flag on the index finger (which ended up looking a bit like the Italian flag in real life, oops), the Australian flag on the middle finger (my favorite out of all of them, too bad it experienced the most chipping), the British flag on the ring finger, and finally the American flag on the pinky.
The thumb is slightly different. To represent the trusty girls' side sign (appropriately placed right outside of girls' side and covered with girly flowers, peace signs, and hearts), I painted the word "camp" on top, then added a funky flower, peace sign, and a heart at the bottom. I used Simple Pleasures in a bright pink shade for the base coat, then added Wet and Wild Ebony Hates Chris, Sinful Colors Snow Me White, China Glaze I'm With the Lifeguard, Essie Bikini So Teeny, and finally OPI InStyle Red.
Here are the nails:


Now for a better view of the thumb:
Sorry for the blurriness, it's so dark where I had to take my photograph, even with extra lights on!
I love these nails, and I hope you do, too. I apologize for the poor cleanup, as my cleanup tools are not doing so well lately. I'll try to fix that when I get back.
Anyway, enjoy this post as it'll be the last one for a while! I can't wait to post again when I get back!
'Til next time,
Caroline S.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment