Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Under the Sea

Hi everyone!
In an attempt to catch up on all my posts, I have been worrying all day that I wouldn't have time to fit in this post. However, I seem to have a bit of free time to post right now, before I go and work some more on my next manicure. This manicure was inspired by mermaid/fish scales, and like the last one it was done before I had gotten my new tools. Because of this, I had to come up with something that I could do with my dotting tools. I decided to do this! It is inspired by the tutorial over at Little Nails. Check out this blog, it is really great!
I used several blues- I believe it was Essie Aruba Blue as a base (which I have been using a lot recently), as well as dots with more Aruba Blue, Wet and Wild Rain Check, Nerds Blueberry, and two or three others that I just can't remember :P
Anyway, here it is!
I apologize for the messiness on several of the fingers. It took such a long time to do, and it really wasn't like anything I had ever done before. In the end, I didn't want to take it off and restart before photographing it.
I had this on for about a week (whoa, that's probably the longest I've ever had on one mani since forever!), and I experienced no chipping. That's right, not even a little.
I kind of like this, but in order to do it again and like it better I'd need to practice more. If I did this, I would probably like it a whole lot!
'Til next time,
Caroline S.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment