Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Girls Acting I-Katty

Hi everyone!
I'm really sorry I have been taking so long in between each post lately... I feel like I've been neglecting the blog! I've had finals, field day, and packing to do--I'm leaving for a 5-day school trip to Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, and Tennessee tomorrow morning. Fortunately, I have two manicures lined up that I have been trying to find time to post, and here is the first one (unfortunately, the second won't be posted until next weekend). I decided to do ikat print nails after looking at posts on Mr. Candiipants (over and over and over again). I love her blog, and I really think you should check it out! She does some really detailed designs, and I love her floral prints. I decided to base my design off of her ikat tutorial. I would follow her, but I don't have a tumblr (yet!!!). I used my new shade, Essie Bikini So Teeny, as a base coat. It is a beautiful periwinkle blue, and it has a relatively good formula. Unfortunately, I noticed a lot of bubbles in it. This may be since I was carrying it around in my bag for so long! I used Sinful Colors Snow Me White as a base for the print (though I may have gotten carried away with the number of blobs). I then used a striper to blob on some Simple Pleasures peach colored polish. Finally, I made little strokes using Wet and Wild Ebony Hates Chris and topped it off with my new favorite topcoat, which comes from Indulge Beauty. I only have a tiny amount left, and I can't find it in stores! If anyone knows where to buy this, please let me know :)
Here are the finished nails (without topcoat):
Here is a closeup (with topcoat):

I hope you like them! Sorry about the cleanup, by the way... The black polish is really hard to clean without getting all over the place.
I also bought some new nail polishes, Essie As Gold As It Gets and Jordana Quick Dry Topcoat (AGAIG was on my wish list, and I have been looking for more topcoats to review).
I might have to get new nail art brushes soon, since mine are already fraying and are in poor shape. Oh, well... Amazon gift card, here I come!
'Til next time (which will be in about 5-6 days--sorry!!!),
Caroline S.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment