Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

Nyan Nyan Nyan

Hi everyone!
Judging from the title, I assume everyone reading this is already annoyed with or extremely excited about nyan cat's cuteness. I personally LOVE nyan cat, and when several people suggested nyan cat nails, I knew I had to do them (By the way, these are the last of the "catching up" manis, and I will post my final, NEW mani tomorrow before I leave for camp!). I picked out Essie Aruba Blue for the base, then used my new nail art brushes (which finally came) to paint nyan cat using OPI Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh, Wet and Wild Ebony Hates Chris, Wet and Wild Metallica, Nerds Strawberry mixed with Sinful Colors Snow Me White, more Strawberry, and Simple Pleasures peach. Then I (very messily, since there wasn't very much light in the room when I was painting them) striped on some rainbow colors using OPI InStyle Red, Essie Orange-It's Obvious!, Love and Beauty Light Yellow, China Glaze I'm With the Lifeguard, Nerds Blueberry, and Sephora by OPI Iris I Was Thinner (thanks for the polish, L!)
Here are the nails (again, sorry for the messiness! The lighting, getting used to the new tools, and the thickening of several polishes made it much harder to paint this time...):
And the thumb, close up:
So, I hope you like these!!!
My next mani, if all goes well, will be based on four different flags and my camp logo (the counselors at my camp are from lots of different countries, and the four I will be painting are the most common places that they come from!). I will also be  testing a technique used to make nail decals. This will make it easier to paint designs and stick them on my nails when they are dry! I have already made the decals, but I will make you wait until tomorrow to see them *mwahahahaha*.
Anyway, enjoy! I can't wait to post tomorrow! Good night!
'Til next time,
Caroline S.
<3


No comments:

Post a Comment